How do we know there are so many benefits to babywearing and that not carriers are created equal? There has been lots of research and papers written by experts in the field! Use our links and PDFs below to begin your own investigation.
- "Increased Carrying Reduces Infant Crying" Hunziker UA, Barr RG Pediatrics 1986 May;77(5):641-8
- "Kangaroo Care and the Bonding Hypothesis" Tessier R, Cristo M, Velez S, Giron M, de Calume ZF, Ruiz-Palaez JG, Charpak Y, Charpak N. Pediatrics 1998 Aug;102(2):e17. School of Psychology, Laval University, Quebec, Canada.
- "Depressed Mothers' Touching Increases Infants' Positive Affect and Attention in Still-Face Interactions." Peláez-Nogueras M, Field TM, Hossain Z, Pickens J. Child Dev. 1996 Aug;67(4):1780-92. Department of Educational Psychology and Special Education, Florida International University, Miami 33199, USA.
- "Sings & Arrows" Taylor, Timothy The New Humanist July/August 2010 Volume 125 Issue 4
- TheBabyWearer.com has a dedicated thread for research, so its a great place to start your own. Free Membership required.
- Correct Positioning for the Safety and Comfort of Your Newborn (PDF)
- Babywearing Positioning Cards from BWI
- Safe Babywearing on TBW
- "Cardiorespiratory Stability of Premature and Term Infants Carried in Infant Slings" (PDF) Waltraud Stening, Patrizia Nitsch, Gernot Wassmer and Bernhard Roth Pediatrics 2002;110;879-883
- "O2 Saturation and Slings" (PDF) Joel L. Bass, Waltraud Stening, Patrizia Nitsch and Bernhard RothPediatrics 2004;113;169-170
- "Is my sling safe?" and "Newborn and Infant Safety" Jan Andrea of Sleeping Baby Productions
- "Potential Dangers of Bag Slings" M’Liss Stelzer, Registered Nurse of Baby Carriers - Correct Positioning & Safety Blog
- "Facing in? Facing out? A science-based view on baby carrying positions" Dr. Henrik Norholt ERGOparent February 2, 2011
- "Infant Carriers and Spinal Stress" Rochelle L. Casses, D.C. The Liedloff Society The Continuum Concept 1996